As a building consultant, I am often called by a builder or building owner or in some cases both parties to inspect and prepare an expert witness report on areas of distressed building work or intervene on a stalemate by the owner and builder. In most cases disputes can be mediated to agreement of both parties without the need of expensive time consuming legal litigation.
40 years building experience. Graduated with a Diploma in Building Surveying, Graduated in Mediation Dispute resolution. Registered Building Practitioner.
Why use a consultant?
It is always best to use a consultant to ensure a successful outcome to your building project or if you are having difficulties and disagreements during construction.
A professional consultant can assist with disputes, clarification of or compliance in relation to the Building Code of Australia or the guide to standards and tolerances.
Should the need arise, the building consultant can assist as an expert witness in VCAT representation.
EXAMPLES OF WORK UNDERTAKEN:
- Assistance to the building owner in preparation of reports and documents to assist in building warranty insurance claims.
- Assistance to the builder and or building owner in Inspections and Mediation of dispute resolution.
An inspection by a building consultant will ascertain the current condition of the property and it's compliance to the relevant regulations. The consultant will advise you of areas of non compliance and can assist the contractor and owner in procedures of rectification without the need of litigation.
- Building Consultant , Inspections
- Mediator- Dispute Resolution
- Pre-Purchase Inspections
- Defects- Inspections and reports
- Detailed summary and report of costs to rectify or complete works.
- Building, Finishes and Quality reports.
- Wall and Floor tiling inspection and reports, Workmanship Inspections and Reports.
- Completion quality reports.
- Pre-Hand over Inspections and reports.
Joseph P. Borg
BUILDING CONSULTANT & MEDIATOR
Dip. Building Surveying
Assoc Member ASBC